Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Simon Radley

Having been a consultant since 1998, I know that most patients are
embarrassed or frightened when seeking medical advice about bowel
problems. Whether it is the fear of bowel cancer or problems with
piles, making people feel at ease allows them to talk more openly and
helps me to arrive at a speedier diagnosis. A key part of what I do
is to give patients the time to talk about sensitive issues. Arriving
speedily at the diagnosis is something I pride myself in. At the
Birmingham Bowel Clinic I have rapid access to state-of-the-art
diagnostic tests, this means that patients are not kept waiting for
results.

At a time when medical technology is rapidly changing I believe that
only by staying at the forefront of technological change can I offer
the very best to my patients. I'm constantly updating my surgical
techniques and approaches. My emphasis has always been on introducing
the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques including key hole
surgery, and haemorrhoidal artery ligation-the HALO procedure.

Working with a multidisciplinary team is key to looking after my patients. I
meet regularly with colleagues to discuss clinical issues and ensure
my patients benefit from the best possible advice regarding
investigation and treatment of all bowel conditions.


Simon Radley
Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
Birmingham Bowel Clinic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.