Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

EVIN SHEEDY: FIGHT CANCER EARLY AND BEAT IT LIKE ME


KEVIN Sheedy was famous for finding a way through some of the best defences in the world in his days as an Everton and Republic of Ireland midfielder.


No opposing defender was too strong for him as he plundered 77 goals in 314 games during a decade of success with the ­Merseysiders. He still has that battling spirit and has just ­beaten the toughest opponent he has ever faced – cancer.

The 53-year-old is back at work as an Everton Academy coach after surviving a bowel cancer scare last summer.

It’s a disease that can hit ­anyone and claimed the life of Daily Star chief sports-writer Brian Woolnough in ­September.

Sheedy’s world was turned upside down just before his second marriage in July, when unusual bowel movements prompted him to seek medical advice.

He said: “My bowel ­habits became irregular. I was on the toilet a lot more – my wife joked that it was costing us a fortune in toilet rolls!

“I had bleeding from my ­bottom and, after seeing and hearing ads about it, I decided to see my doctor.

Read More - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/285036/Kevin-Sheedy-Fight-cancer-early-and-beat-it-like-me/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.